- Any person or company who owns an oil palm plantation in Sarawak of 2000 hectares and above or any owner of crude palm oil mills in Sarawak or any body corporate established under any Act, Enactment or Ordinance who is the managing agent of any oil palm plantation and or oil palm mill in Sarawak is eligible to apply to become an Ordinary Member of SOPPOA.
- The voting right of Members in General Meetings shall be limited to Ordinary Members who shall also be eligible to hold office in SOPPOA.
- If a Member is not an individual but a firm established under the Business Name Ordinance or a company incorporated under the Companies Act or corporation or body corporate established under any laws, it shall submit in writing the name of its representative within fourteen (14) days after being registered as a member. Each corporate member or body corporate member shall be entitled to nominate one person only to SOPPOA and such Member may change its representative by notice in writing to SOPPOA.
- Any person or company who owns an oil palm plantation in Sarawak of below 2000 hectares is eligible to apply to become and Associate member of SOPPOA.
- An Associate Member may attend General Meetings of SOPPOA but shall not be eligible to vote thereat nor to hold office in SOPPOA except as provided in Clause 8(1) hereof.
- An Associate Member which satisfies the criteria for Ordinary Membership may apply to the Council to be upgraded to be an Ordinary Member. The Council may in its absolute discretion approve, decline or defer any such application without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Honorary Membership shall be an honour bestowed at the discretion of SOPPOA at its General Meetings on any distinguished persons who have given outstanding service or sponsorship to SOPPOA in the promotion and furtherance of the objects of SOPPOA. Such members shall not be required to pay any entrance or subscription fees and shall not be eligible to vote or hold office in SOPPOA.
The following are the founder members of SOPPOA:
- TA ANN HOLDINGS BERHAD
- SOLID OIL PALM PLANTATION SDN BHD
- RIMBUNAN SAWIT BHD
- TAWAKAL MEGAH SDN BHD
- SARAWAK OIL PALMS BERHAD
- SEBUBU SDN BHD
- MEGA JUTAMAS SDN BHD
- MULTI MAJUSAMA SDN BHD
- WTK HOLDINGS BERHAD
- BUTRASEMARI SDN BHD
All founder members shall be ordinary members of SOPPOA and every founder member may, by notice in writing, appoint a representative and/or alternate to represent it at all General Meetings which the founder member is entitled to attend and eligible to hold office and to vote.